The highest paid celebrities list for the year 2010 was recently released by Forbes. Although male celebrities mostly dominated the list but there were quite a few female celebrities too. The top 5 female celebrities as per the Forbes list are:
1. Oprah Winfrey: American television host, actress, producer, and philanthropist Oprah Winfrey is the highest paid female celebrity yet again. She was the highest paid celebrity including both male and female with a massive pay of $ 290M as per Forbes. However, the 57 year old Oprah lost her top spot in the "Powerful Celebrities List" to pop sensation Lady Gaga. Oprah's net worth as of March 2011 is assumed to be 2.7 billion and she is ranked 420 on the world's richest list and 135th richest in the United States. Oprah Winfrey is best known for "The Oprah Winfrey Show" which has become the highest-rated program of its kind in history and was nationally syndicated from 1986 to 2011. Her rise from abject poverty to the richest African American has touched the hearts of millions of Americans and people around the world. She was not only a celebrity but a way of life according to many and it was not a surprise that Barack Obama, by one estimate, said to have received over a million votes in the close 2008 Democratic primary race due to Oprah's support. However, the series finale of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" aired on May 25, 2011 and Americans are still struggling to come to terms with the end of an era.
2. Lady Gaga: Lady Gaga is second highest paid female celebrity with a pay of $ 90 M in 2010. Though she ranks behind Oprah in Money rank and TV / Radio rank but she tops the celebrity list in new age media rankings such as web rank and social rank. Lady Gaga also ranked no.2 in press rank and she has replaced talk-show queen Oprah Winfrey as the most powerful celebrity in this year's Forbes list. The 25 year old was also involved in a lot of controversies in the last year too which seems to have worked in her favor and increased her popularity even further.
3. Bethenny Frankel: The third female celebrity in the highest paid list is the American natural foods chef, television personality and author Bethenny Frankel. She makes her entry into the list this year with a bang as she is ranked as the 3rd richest female celebrity as per Forbes with a pay of $ 55 M in the last year. She may not as big as Oprah or Lady Gaga or even Gisele in terms of all popularity but nonetheless she has profits her money rank is comparable to many top celebrities. She is on the rise both in terms of popularity as well as perception and in April 2011, Frankel sold her Skinnygirl cocktail line to Fortune Brands' Beam Global for an estimated $ 120 million. On June 10, 2010, her series "Bethenny Ever After …" became the highest rated series premiere in the Bravo network's history.
4. Gisele Bündchen: Gisele Bündchen is the fourth highest paid female celebrity and it is not at all surprising as she has been the highest-paid model in the world since 2004. According to Forbes, the 30 year old Brazilian supermodel earned $ 45 million in the last year although modeling and product endorsements.Her earnings climbed $ 20 million over the previous year and according to an April 2011 report Proctor & Gamble's Pantene shampoo sales exploded 40% in Latin America after Bündchen started endorsing it.
5. Ellen DeGeneres: American stand-up comedienne, television host and actress Ellen DeGeneres is the fourth highest paid female celebrity as per Forbes. The 53 year old talk show host is best known for "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and has also earned $ 45 million in the last year as per Forbes. She has also hosted both the Academy Awards and the Primetime Emmys and was a judge on American Idol for one year too.
It might be a big surprise that none of the top Hollywood actresses make it to the top 5 highest paid female celebrity list. It is quite noticeable that most of female celebrities in the above list have built a sort of brand around themselves resulting in more earnings and popularity compared to Hollywood actresses who are lagging behind in that field.
In the world of celebrity news, celebrities want to be big, big everywhere, except in physical size. The topic of celebrity weight loss and who has a great looking body is often a bigger discussion than who is dating who or who is making a new movie. Body watching is popular sport of its own.
And why not, we are a health conscious nation, wishing to stay fit and look our best. Following the diet and exercise trends of stars can help us learn new ideas for our own shape up plans. Most of us do not have access to exclusive gym memberships or personal trainers, so peep into the life of the ones who do. Learn their tops secrets, see what they are eating on and find out which weight supplements helped which stars shed the most weight.
So how to some of the most beautiful women in Hollywood keep trim? What you will find in their kitchens may surprise you. Reese Witherspoon babies her self, literally. By choosing jars of baby food, Reese always has a small caloric snack that is both nutritionally sound and tasty. Before you rule this idea out, remember today's baby food is offered in organic, as well and tons of fun food choices. Little jars of fruit, to tiny packed meals on the go just might be a great idea for busy people who tend to eat on the run. Pretty actress and busy Mom to twins, Marcia Cross keeps a blend of bananas and strawberries in the kitchen for a quick snack. A sweet treat with out reaching for candy, this yummy delight is just right for sharing with her little girls.
Maybe it's not so much what you eat, as what you do not eat. Ashley Judd leaves the dairy to the cows. Ashley, who eats no dairy products, chooses non dairy milks when she grabs a bowl of cereal. The Oprah show introduced us to the health benefits of the acia berry, and the idea of avoiding carbs saying no to bread, rice, pasta and potatoes. Jennifer Lopez says yes to cardio work outs and weight resistance training while saying no to all alcohol drinks. If saying saying no to food is not for you, then choose your foods with care. Substitute high calorie foods and sugar laden foods for fruit and vegetables. Take a cooking idea from the kitchen of Christie Brinkley.
When she needs a snack, she chooses sweet potatoes, cut into pieces, bakes them with a touch of olive oil. When fully cooked, dips them into some light mayonnaise. Angelia Jolie chooses to dine on a strict protein-rich diet of lean meats and fish. Her weight of choice is lots and lots of water. Speaking of water, Ashley Judd may say no to milk, but she says yes to starting each day with a cup of hot water and a squeeze of lemon juice to get her metabolism going. Some diet experts say add a little cayenne pepper to really kick start the day.
Another docking and unique trick comes to us from the beautiful Mom, model, television reality show host, designer, producer and more, Heidi Klum. In her quest to loose 30 pounds after a recent pregnancy, Heidi took up photography, with a twist. She took weekly photos of herself in the buff. This brave Heidi a real way to keep track as she shed pounds, of the way her body was changing. A great tip if you dare, make sure to keep your photos locked away in a safe place.
Country singing sensation Carrie Underwood chooses a diary rather than photos to help her control the pounds. Along with her healthy work out style of 30 minutes cadio and weights, Carrie keeps a food journal. By keeping a food diary, she is able to monitor her low calorie eating. Carry tends to be well behaved in controlling the calories during the day, but will binge at night. By looking back at what she consumed during the day, Carrie has a clear idea of just how much of a binge she can have late in the day. Yes, like Carrie, better write down what you drink as well.
It's so nice to know that celebrities and stars really do have the same issues we all do with diet, exercise and healthy living. By following some of the most well known people, we can look at how they manage careers and body image. Getting the skinny on the stars can help us make plans for our routines, while reminding us; Everyone has to work at being healthy and in shape.